Do you know that Camp Blue is an approved after-school care service and that you may be able to reduce your fees with the Child Care Subsidy?
The Child Care Subsidy started on 2 July 2018 and is a single, means-tested subsidy paid directly to your child’s after-school care service (in this instance Camp Blue).
Who can get the CCS?
You may be eligible if you or your partner meet the following:
- care for a child 13 or younger who’s not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies
- use an approved child care service
- be responsible for paying the child care fees
- meet residency and immunisation requirements.
Read the full conditions on the Services Australia website under who can get it.
How much can I get?
To work out how much Child Care Subsidy you’re eligible for the government will look at all of the following:
- your family’s income
- the hourly rate cap based on the type of approved child care you use and your child’s age
- the hours of activity you and your partner do.
The amount of subsidised child care you can access per fortnight applies to each child.
Services Australia has a Payment and Service Finder to estimate how much Child Care Subsidy you may get.
How do I claim the CCS?
Complete the following steps to apply for the Child Care Subsidy (CCS). Before you start, check if you can get it.
CCS claims can only be backdated up to 28 days. You can’t make a lump sum claim for CCS.
Steps to claim Child Care Subsidy
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online.
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
You may need to confirm your identity with Services Australia before you start your claim.
2. Get your documents ready
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
3. Make your claim
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Payment and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Families, select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
For help, use the Services Australia online guide to claim Child Care Subsidy.
When you’re ready:
You’ll need to do a new claim for each child when they start child care.
4. Track your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- you’ve successfully submitted your claim
- the ID number of your claim
- the date we estimate your claim will be complete
- a link to track its progress.
If you’ve completed your claim but your child’s enrolment details haven’t been confirmed, you must take action. Ask your provider to submit your child’s enrolment. You’ll then need to check the details and confirm them. You can do this through your Centrelink online account.
Services Australia will let you know the result of your claim. They’ll send an assessment notice to your myGov Inbox or in the post.
If Services Australia needs more details they will ask you for them.
We hope you have found this helpful. We’re always happy to answer any questions about the CCS and your registration at Camp Blue.[